Workers Compensation Attorney in Las Vegas

We can assist the injured worker through the claims process and help you receive the benefits you deserve. Call a workers compensation attorney in Las Vegas.


We Help You Get What You

Workers compensation is a no-fault insurance program which means the injured worker is filing a claim against the insurance company, not his employer. Work-related injuries create many burdens for the employee and his family through lost wages and medical treatment. We can assist injured workers through the claims process and help them receive the benefits they deserve.

workers compensation

Understanding Workers Compensation Benefits

Workers compensation benefits generally cover all medical expenses resulting from a work injury. The benefits can also cover lost earnings. Nevada law requires most businesses to carry workers’ compensation insurance to protect workers from the cost and adverse impacts of work-related injuries and illnesses.

Do You Need a Workers Compensation Lawyer 

When you are injured at work, the insurance company has a team of dedicated staff and attorneys that are tasked to minimize or deny your workers’ compensation claims. Workers compensation lawyers help you through the claims process and ensure you have a chance to recover from your injuries- physically and financially.

Filling a Workers Compensation Claim

In order to receive compensation for your work injury, there are very specific guidelines that must be followed. Under Nevada Workers Compensation Law, there are certain notifications that must be made, forms must be filled out, and deadlines must be met. Don’t go through it alone. Contact an experienced workers compensation attorney today. Your attorney will help you understand the terms and help you decide if you need to purchase workers compensation insurance in Las Vegas, NV.

  • Reporting your injury

First and foremost, you should report your workplace injury to your employer. No matter the severity of the injury at the time. An injury report can be a vital record of the incident if medical treatment is sought for the condition in the future. The form you will need to fill out is form C-1, Notice of Injury or Occupational Disease-Incident Report. Be sure to get a copy for your records. Under Nevada Law, injured workers only have seven (7) days to notify employers of their injuries.

  • Complete Additional Forms

When you seek medical care due to a work injury, you will need to have the medical provider fill out and provide you a copy of form C-4, which is an Employer’s Claim for Compensation/Report of Initial Treatment. The C-4 form must be filed with the insurer within 90 days from the date of the injury.

Denied Workers Compensation Claim

Even valid workers compensation claims are denied from time to time. If your claim was denied, then please call us. We can challenge the decision and get you just compensation for your injuries.

Here are some possible reasons why your workers compensation claim got denied.

  • Incomplete paperwork with inaccurate details on missed timelines

  • The injury occurred during your lunch break

  • You were under the influence of a substance when the injury happened

  • The cause of injury was horseplay at work

  • You missed the timeline to report the injury

  • You avoided receiving medical care from an authorized medical care provider or hospital

Requesting a Hearing

If you do not receive a response to your workers compensation claim or if your claim is denied, then you may be entitled to a hearing. Workers compensation hearings are administered by a hearing officer who considers the evidence and renders a fair and impartial decision.

Working with workers compensation attorneys can help you get compensation for the losses which occurred during your job. The compensation would be 66.33 percent of your average monthly wage. By working with a Las Vegas workers compensation attorney, you can understand the situation, the workers compensation system, and how the employer’s workers compensation insurance works.

If you have had a denied workers compensation claim, it is good to discuss it with a knowledgeable attorney. An experienced attorney who understands workplace injuries and knows how to calculate and get the maximum compensation based on your medical records and medical bills.

Workers Compensation Appeals

If the hearing officer reaches a decision on your claim that you do not agree with, then you can file an appeal. If you believe that the denial of your request is unjustified or the amount of benefits awarded is insufficient, or you would need more, it is best to work with a knowledgeable attorney.

The Appeal will be handled by the Appeals Office with a dedicated Appeals Officer assigned to your claim. The Appeals Officer will independently review the submitted evidence from both parties. After review, the Appeals Officer renders his/her decision whether to uphold, reverse or remand the hearing officer’s decision.

The process also includes some additional medical evaluations, testimony, and evidence gatherings. Of this, it is more likely mean that the investigation will be held from the beginning.

Call Us for a Consultation

If you have been injured in workplace accidents or want to compensate any of your injured employees, navigate your workers compensation case with the help of a workers compensation attorney in Las Vegas who knows the process.

Workers’ Compensation Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

How soon should I report the injury?
When you are injured on the job, you must report the injury to your employer as soon as possible. Delay in reporting your injury could result in denial of the claim and lead to a delay in compensation. To properly document your work related injury, you need to fill out a Notice of Occupational Injury or Disease form or a C-1 form within 7 days. This form should be provided to you by your employer.
What should I do if I am injured at work?
When you are injured on the job, you must report the injury to your employer as soon as possible. Delay in reporting your injury could result in denial of the claim and lead to a delay in compensation. To properly document your work related injury, you need to fill out a Notice of Occupational Injury or Disease form or a C-1 form within 7 days. This form should be provided to you by your employer.
What does Workers' Compensation cover?
When you receive an injury at work, the benefits vary depending on the type of injury sustained. You are entitled to receive medical treatment for your injuries as well as compensation for extended periods of work you will miss due to recovering from your injury and your inability to work. If your physician feels that your injury is permanent, it is possible you can receive compensation based on a disability rating. If you are unable to return to your previous job due to restrictions from your injury, you might also be entitled to vocational rehabilitation.
Can I be fired for filing a workers' compensation claim?
No. An employer cannot fire you solely for filing a workers compensation claim.
What is the cost to retain your services?
There is no upfront cost. We are paid on contingency basis which means the payment from legal fees comes out of your recovery. If you do not receive compensation, there is no fee.
Why do I need a Workers' Compensation attorney to file a claim?
You are not required to retain an attorney to pursue a workers’ compensation claim. Many claims for smaller or less serious injuries can be easily handled without legal representation. For more serious injuries such as those that require lengthy treatment or surgery, legal assistance should be considered as an experienced attorney can help you maximize the quality of care you receive, as well as the amount of compensation you receive for your claim. Many people feel more comfortable with someone who is experienced with the process to help them with their workers’ compensation claim, others have issues arise in their claim process such as unpaid medical bills, termination of claim benefits, or are dissatisfied with their medical care. There are many reasons to seek an attorney when you have been injured on the job. to find out if representation could be beneficial to you, please contact our office for a free case evaluation.
I just received a letter that my workers' compensation claim has been denied, what do I do now?
When a workers’ compensation claim is filed, the third party administrator has 30 days to accept or reject your claim. Even if you receive a denial from the administrator, it does not always mean you are not entitled to benefits and compensation. You have 70 days request a hearing to protect your claim rights. To help protect those rights, contact our office for a free consultation.
I was hurt 10 years ago and my claim was closed but now I am having problems with my old injury and my doctor told me I need another surgery, can I reopen my claim?
There are specific rules to reopening a closed workers’ compensation claim in Nevada. Depending on the circumstances before your claim was closed, it is possible to reopen a claim and receive medical treatment as well as additional benefits. If your physician believes that your work related injury has worsened and requires additional medical treatment, contact our office for a free consultation in regards to reopening your workers’ compensation claim.
I was told that my claim is going to be closed with no rating and I am still having issues with my work injury.
If you have been informed your claim is being closed with no rating and you have an injury that still effects your ability to function, seek the advice of a reputable attorney to help protect your workers’ compensation rights.
I was involved in an automobile accident while at work, do I need a personal injury attorney or a workers' compensation attorney?
If you are involved in an auto accident while working, you need an attorney familiar with both personal injury claims as well as workers’ compensation claims. Both areas of law are very different and have different rules, to protect your rights, be sure to contact an attorney who is experienced in both areas.